Deepawali or Diwali 2018 is the festival of lights which symbolizes the welcoming of the brightness of people’s life and sending off of the darkness. The festival Diwali 2018 always reminds people of the lots of crackers, new dress, and the sweets. It is one of the most popular festivals in the Hindu religion. Diwali 2018 may last up to 5 days.
Many people clean their home before the arrival of the festival and decorate their home or other residential or commercial places full of lights and electric lamps or small oil lamps. People also decorate their home with bowls of water with flowers floating on the surface. Many people do special force in cleaning their home and also clean themselves with oils and water, and wear a new dress and spread the sweetness of their family to the others by giving sweet to them.
Diwali 2018 comes on November 6 in South India whereas it is going to be celebrated on November 7 in North India which depends upon the surrounding of the moon.
Diwali 2018 Celebration
The Diwali 2018 festival always will be celebrated for 5 days with the main things like washing themselves, wearing new dresses happening on the 3rd day in India.
- 1st day (November 5, 2018) – this day is dedicated to prosperity celebration. On this day, the symbol of welcoming Lakshmi goddess to their home, people will purchase gold.
- 2nd day (November 6, 2018) – it is called as small Diwali 2018. It is believed that on this day, goddess Kali has destroyed the Narakasura.
- 3rd day (November 7, 2018) – it is the new moon day. Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped on this day and it is the most important day on Diwali 2018 festival since it is the day people will wear the new dress and spreads happiness.
- 4th day (November 8, 2018) – this day has different meaning across India in different regions.
- 5th day (November 9, 2018) – this day is dedicated to the celebration of sisters which is similar to Raksha Bandhan which indicates the celebration of brothers.
In Diwali 2018, fireworks and crackers will be sets off in the evening time in many towns and villages. It is notable that people in different regions may celebrate Diwali 2018 in different dates in India which is because their traditional calendar may differ depends upon the lunar eclipse that has occurred in different ways.
Worship Goddess and have a safe and happy Diwali 2018!